Thursday, August 27, 2009

Friendship

I just want to say this....it is nice to have friends!!! I have more friends than I can comfortably schedule. I don't want to spread myself too thin, but there are so many different kinds of friends and I enjoy them all so much. I can't say no.

Some of my friends I see a lot at work so even though we try to go out to the movies etc.. once in a while it isn't really necessary. Other friends I only see once or twice a year maybe because they live an hour or so away. One very special friend lives all the way across the country! We only see each other every couple of years, but it never seems to matter because we are so close. When I see her we act like silly teenagers because that is when our friendship started. We have been friends for 36 years.

Right now I have to go reschedule a luncheon date that I was really looking forward to because some old friends e-mailed me and want the same date. My daily work friends are getting trumped by my friends from my old hometown. I moved away from there in 1986, but there are still a few girls who like to keep in touch. Even though I don't want to cancel the first date, it is a good problem to have isn't it?

Nurture Friendship Whenever You Can..........

For those former Girl Scouts out there remember this?
"Make new friends
But keep the old
One is silver
And the other gold."

BFN BFF LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment